It’s that time of year again! We are kicking off 2020 with a 28-Day Nutrition Challenge to help you get refocus your health goals with the support and encouragement from your fellow FitWitters and coaches.
This challenge will combine nutrition and lifestyle habits into a points-based challenge, focused on improving our daily habits in 4 specific categories:
And we’ll include weekly bonus points focusing on mindset and overall well-being.
This 2020 challenge is different than past ones because we’ll include more individual attention from our coaches (Maddie and Sandybell) AND it will be our first ever team-based nutrition challenge! When you sign up, you’ll be placed on a team of 6 to 10 people. These teams are designed for support and not comparing your progress to others…just like in the gym we will have a you vs. you attitude. Consider it like a smaller support group within the larger context of the other 75 people in the challenge.
We’re excited to see how this added accountability will help you throughout the four-week challenge!
We recognize everyone has specific nutritional needs, however, we believe there is an outline that works best for most people – eating whole, real foods. This includes lean proteins, plenty of vegetables, some fruit, healthy fats, and lots of water. There are a plethora of options when it comes to eating real foods. Think of these 28-days as an opportunity really focus in on your nutrition habits and to learn what foods make you feel yo’ best!
You have 2 nutrition plans to choose from:
Option 1: Strict Whole30– Your goal would be to follow Whole30 throughout the 28 days. Every time you eat a meal that is Whole30 compliant you get a point
Option 2: Whole30 Modified– You are following Whole30 however, you can add in legumes (beans), and pure whole grains such as: rice, quinoa, barley, etc. (still NO processed whole grains like whole wheat bread/pasta). Every time you eat a meal compliant with this you get a point.
**IF fat loss is your goal we strongly encourage you stick to Whole30 as much as possible. If you do include grains/legumes try to limit to ONE serving a day (about a handful). This will help you to practice getting in more vegetables and proteins in your diet.
“I am vegetarian/vegan can I still participate in the challenge?” YES! If you are vegetarian/vegan you can still participate! Here is a PDF that is helpful for pescetarians, vegetarians and vegans. IF you do not eat any meat then you are allowed to add in these additional protein resources during the challenge. of foods that you can eat during the challenge and which to avoid during the challenge. For questions please reach out to Maddie (Maddie@fitwit.com)
Check out what people have said in the past about this challenge:
“I have lost over 10 pounds!” ~Vicki
“Since removing alcohol my sleep has improved and I feel much more energized for my morning workouts.” ~Jill
“I find myself looking at food and thinking “do I need to eat that or do I want to eat it?” and “are you really hungry or just thirsty or bored?”. Moving forward I am trying to make meal prep easy more organized. more planned out and less my own episode of “Chopped”” ~Alison
“I can see more muscle definition, and I’m fitting into clothes that had been moved to the back of the closet.” ~Meagan
“I feel calmer. My mood and energy level aren’t shifting as dramatically.” ~ Brandie
“Biggest mindset change: challenge is over, but I am not changing how I am eating! this is just the beginning!!!!” ~Kate
Save These Dates
- Saturday Jan 11th 9a- Strategies to Overcome Barriers When Changing Your Diet Nutrition Talk with Coach Maddie at the Kirk
- Saturday Jan 11th 8a-12p- Pre-Challenge InBody Scans
- Jan 11th – Feb 8th-28-Day Nutrition Challenge.
- Saturday Jan 25th 11a- Potluck showdown- bring in your favorite Whole30 dish to share. We will all taste and vote on a winner for a prize!
- Feb 8th 8a-12p- Post- Challenge InBody Scans
What is Included
- FitWit Nutrition Resource Guide
- Whole30 Program Rules
- InBody Muscle and Fat Analysis. The InBody goes beyond traditional body composition measurements and includes measuring body fat, water retention, visceral fat (around your organs) and segmental fat (where is it located), and lean muscle mass. This test is non-invasive and pain free! For more info on this test and the results, go here.
- Individual check-ins– You will get weekly check-ins from you assigned nutrition coach to help you stay on track and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Team Accountability– you will be put into teams of 10 to help cheer each other on!
- Community support through discussion on FaceBook in the private Eat Fit Group. And weekly emails from you challenge director
- Overcoming Barriers Class, with Coach Maddie. Learn tips and tricks to set yourself up for a successful challenge
- Prizes and raffles Grand prizes for individuals with the most points earned, and most fat loss. As well as weekly raffles for all participants!
- Unlimited support from your challenge director (Maddie Keller) and other participants
- FOUR focused weeks to improve your diet and lifestyle habits!
Early Bird Challenge Registration Cost: $85. Anyone who signs up BEFORE January 5th gets $10 off the regular $95 price by using the PROMO CODE “early2020”
————————SIGN UP BELOW————————
After paying, you’ll receive details on how to schedule your Pre and Post Inbody Body Scan appointment.
Everyone that participates is a winner but we will have grand prizes for the following:
- Most Points Earned
- Greatest overall fat percentage lost for the top male and female particiant (calculated as Body Fat% #1-Body Fat% #2/ Body Fat% #1) **Note: This is the percentage of body fat loss relative to their starting point. So, some folks may have lost more lbs of fat total, but they have a smaller total fat loss percentage relative to their starting pounds of fat.
For any questions or concerns please contact the challenge director, Maddie Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.