- This event has passed.
Interval Training: “ALOTTA TABATA”
Tuesday, July 14
The Why: Putting exercises on an interval clock in order to get a little more of a conditioning effect. This is a great way to build a workout to your level and current conditions. If you have been staying consistent and feel good, no trash board issues, it’s a chance to get after it: push the pace, push the number of reps . If you have the opposite going on, have not been exercising, lots of trash board issues, the goal is to step back: slower pace, take more rest.
“ALOTTA TABATA”: 3 Stations on a :20/:10 Tabata Clock + Sally Planks
Station 1: 7 Min. Tabata Hip Circuit: 7 Way Hips
* Instructions: Sidelying. Do 7 moves on :20/:10 clock, repeat on other side:
- Leg lift
- Front kick
- Back kick
- Front to back kick
- Forward circle
- Backward circle
- Bicycle kick
- **REPEAT on other side
Station 2: 7 min. Tabata Shoulder Circuit
* Instructions: Do each exercise 2 x :20/:10 for a total of 1 min before moving to the next one. Total of 2 rounds = 7 minutes.
- Prone Ys
- Prone Ts
- Prone Presses
- :30 sec rest
- **REPEAT 1 more time for total of 2 rounds
Station 3: “Riverdance” – 12 min. Tabata Conditioning Circuit
* Instructions: :20 Work / :10 Rest x 2 each move, repeat circuit total of 3 times = 12 min.
- High Knees Non-Impact: Mountain Climbers
- Butt Kicks Non-Impact: Stepback lunges
- Lateral Bounds Non-Impact: Lateral Squats
- Burpee Progression Non-Impact: Squats / Push Ups
- * * Repeat 2 more times for total of 3 rounds