- This event has passed.
Partner Coached 2K Row: Rowing Assessment
Thursday, February 27
Rowing Assessment: 2,000m Row in Main Room
- We will do this in Heats. Class size will determine heat numbers.
Partner Coached 2K Row:
- Pick Partners: Decided who is going to go first.
- Discuss with Trainer 2K Pace Goals / Give AVG 500m Split Time
- Discuss 2K Strategy
- Main Coaching Goal is to have partner hold their AVG 500m Split
2K Row Strategy
1st 500m Focus: Starts: ½, ½, ¾, Full Stroke at a fast pace 10 Strokes at a high stroke Rate 30+, 10 Strokes to Settle in your race pace S/R 26-30S/R, Maintain.
2nd 500m Focus: Maintain your race pace / good posture / sit up tall / strong push
3rd 500m Focus: Rowing at race pace: Power 10 (10 Strokes with a little more power through the drive.) Once you’ve completed your Power strokes you go back to your race pace.
4th 500m Focus: Rowing at race pace: Maintain Race Pace, 250m Left add two stroke rates I.E.: 26=28, 30=32, Final 100-150m All out Sprint: Goal here is shaving off :10 Secs for the full 100-150m.
If time after two heats: AMRAP Main Room
- 2x Touches Bear Crawl (Windows to Stereo)
- 4x (E.S.) Bird dog w/ :5 Sec Hold Yoga Block on Low Back
- 4x (E.S.) Dead Bug w/ :5 Sec Hold
- 10x (Each) TRX Y & T Fly