If you’ve ever wondered what kind of underwear doesn’t ride up during a workout or how fellow gym goers un-stink their clothes, this doc is for you! Gym members and trainers offer their favorite picks in various categories below!
- Altra Escalante for running more than 400 meters
- Altra Solstice for in-gym workouts and short sprints
- Several recommendations for SuperFeet Insoles. Read about (and buy) them HERE and also buy them HERE.
- Lots of recommendations for Balega socks, which members say you can buy at most running/outdoor stores $15 for 3 and usually get one free. The link is for Amazon.
- Smartwool You can get these on Amazon, but the site (linked) has an awesome sock finder tool that leads you to the socks of your dreams by asking about activity, temperature, desired support, colors and how much of the sock you want showing! You don’t have to enter your email address to get the answers. Just click “skip.”
- Copper Fit
- FOR MEN: SAXX Sport – can be found at REI, Nordstrom, and Amazon.
- FOR WOMEN: Women’s Sports Briefs at Target
- Lululemon Namastay Put Thong “These are super comfortable and less prone to stretching out like the Under Armour version.” Worth the $.
- Under Armour Pure Stretch
- Brooks Fiona Moving Comfort
- Brooks Rebound Racer “comfortable yet functional at holding down them down and not bouncing.”
- Playtex Play: “Playtex Play” non-squishing, separates the girls, provides solid support, relatively inexpensive for a sports bra (frequently out of stock)
- Shock Absorber
- Sweaty Bands or on Amazon
- Athleta (scroll down past hats)
- Sports Head Tie Sweatbands: “$12.67, 3-Pack, head tie, moisture wicking headbands (lukewarm Amazon reviews but these things rock! I say this as an embarrassingly profuse sweater).”
- For Men: Myles Momentum Shorts, Lululemon Surge Joggers
- Under Armour Heat Gear Pants for running in cold weather
- Lululemon Fast & Free ⅞ Tights “Expensive, but worth every cent. These somehow offer just the right amount of compression (holding everything up and in) while being super soft and comfortable (not too squeezy). AND, pockets! I could live in these. Oh, wait…I do live in these. :).
- A second for the Lululemon Fast & Free ⅞ Tights: “I’m pretty simple when it comes to workout related items and don’t really have any serious workout gear, BUT I do spend a lot of time talking about the Lululemon Fast & Frees. Full length, 7/8 or cropped – that’s a personal preference I suppose but they are my most favorite and functional workout pants of all time!”
- X2U Compression Tights
- Powerbeats by Dre
- Sennheiser: “these are the best sport headphones out there! They are sweat-proof and have an ‘ear hook’ that keeps them in place. After many pairs of earbuds that fell out of my ears, shorted out bc I sweat a ton, or simply broke, I found these and I’ve had mine for years and years. Love them!”
- Bandanas “they’re $1 each at Hair Supply and Walmart (vs $5 at Target), and they’re great for catching sweat and light. Plus, you look super cool.”
- These are the best sweat towels. The small size is perfect for the gym and they come in many colors.
- Lululemon The Towel
Car Seat Sweat
- Lay a cheap beach towel over your seat for the ride home
- Bring an extra t-shirt to wear over (or change into) to prevent the seat belt from “accumulating funk.”
- Happy Seat Car Seat Covers (couldn’t find a link!)
- OxGord Seat Cover
- Contigo Autoseal Chill Stainless Steel Water Bottle. “I swear by this.”
- Hydro Flask
- Sports Water Bottle 3 Pack for $17.99
- Takeya 32oz “I love that this bottle isn’t plastic, and it has a rubber bottom that prevents desks/cars/floors from getting wet with condensation. I love the handle thingy, and it’s leak-proof – IF you screw the top on.”
- Gloves: Trideer double protection
- Josh says “suck it up.” 🙂
- SEVERAL recommendations for Rockin’ Green Active Wear Detergent (this link will get you 10% off)
- Tide Free
- Primally Pure “I try to use natural deodorant as much as possible and SEVERAL have failed lol. This is my current favorite.”
- Premier Nutrition Protein Drink: “30g of protein at Costco for $25 box of 20.”
- Orgain Organic Vanilla
- Orgain Chocolate Fudge Protein Powder: “excellent in a shake with coconut milk, frozen banana, and almond butter.”
- Nature’s Garden Express – Organic food home delivery service. Use code 48725 when signing up to save $15 https://ed-hrvatski.com/genericka-viagra/.
- Alter Eco Chocolate
- Great Lakes Gelatin
- Vital Proteins Collagen “no taste, mixes well with anything and easy to digest.”
- Bulletproof Collagen Protein Vanilla
- Perfect Keto Chocolate
- KOS Organic Plant-Based Protein
Best At-Home Investments/Resources