2x 14 Minute AMRAPS:
AMRAP 1: Contrast Training – Power Couplets 14 Minute AMRAP
– Goal to recruit more muscle fibers by pairing a strength move with a power move.
– AMRAP the two Couplets together as many times as possible in 14 minutes
- 8x 2KB Heavy Suitcase Deadlift: R:(70+/50+)W:(45+/40+)B:(35+/30+)
- 10x KB Swing R:(70+/50+)W:(45+/40+)B:(35+/30+)
- 8x 2KB Front Squat R:(53+/40+) W:(40+/30+) B:(30+/20+)
- 8x Squat Jumps (For Height) R: 5x (Each Leg) Jumping Lunges
2 Minutes Rest / Changing of Groups
AMRAP 2: Pure Work 14 Minute AMRAP: Goal 14 minutes of pure good old fashion work.
- Air Bike Calories: R:15/12, W:12/10, B:10/8
- 4 Touches: 2KB Farmer Carry / 2KB Racked Carry (Alternate Each RND)
- R:(60+/53+)W:(53+/45+) B:(35+/30+) / R:(53+/40+)W:(40+/30+) B:(25+/20+)
- 10x Slam Balls
- Seated Sled Pull
If Weather Allows: …
Stations: All Together
12 Minute Tempo Unilateral Strength: 3/1/1/0 – 3 Seconds Eccentric Down/ 1 Second Pause / 1 Seconds Concentric Up / 0 Seconds Pause
Work 5 x :5 Second Reps On 3/1/1/0 = :25 Work / Rest :5 Rest/Switch Arms/Legs = :30 / Side = 1 Minute RND :15 Rest BTWN RNDS x 4 RNDS = 5 Minute / 20 Reps Total
1 Minute Rest BTWN Split Squat & KB Row
TEMPO 3/1/1/0 2KB Suitcase Split Squats: R:(30+/25+) W:(20+/15+) B:(Bodyweight)
TEMPO 1/1/3/0 KB Bent Rows: R:(53+/40+) W:(40+/35+) B:(25+/20+)
16 Min Tabata Mash Up – 4 RNDS of :20/:10×2 = 1 Min of work before you switch
- 2KB Stepback Lunge (Suitcase): R:(53+/45+) W:(40+/35+) B:(30+/25+)
- 2KB Suitcase March: R:(53+/45+) W:(40+/35+) B:(30+/25+)
- Push Up: B: TRX Chest Press R: KB Push Ups
- High Plank Hold R: Extended Arm Plank
8 Minute: Partner “I Go, You Go” Nordic Hamstring Curls 5×3 Each
- Up on Balls of Feet (To help Prevent Hamstring Cramps)
- Hands Kept at rib cage height by side (To help lighten the load on the upper half)
Mobility Series: 5 Minutes
- Kneeling Hip C.A.R.s with Yoga Block on Low Back 3x (Each Side)
- Kneeling Abducted Leg Lifts with Yoga Block on Low Back 3×5 Second Holds (Each Side)
HIIT: 5 RNDS on a :30/:15 clock
Rest :30 after each RND
KB Deadlift High Pulls
Alternating KB Clean & Push Press
KB Goblet Step Back Lunges (Alternate Legs)
Rest 30 sec
Rowing Assessment: 2,000m Row in Turf Room
- We will do this in Heats. Class size will determine heat numbers.
2K Row Strategy
1st 500m Focus: Starts: ½, ½, ¾, Full Stroke at a fast pace 10 Strokes at a high stroke Rate 30+, 10 Strokes to Settle in your race pace S/R 26-30S/R, Maintain.
2nd 500m Focus: Maintain your race pace / good posture / sit up tall / strong push
3rd 500m Focus: Rowing at race pace: Power 10 (10 Strokes with a little more power through the drive.) Once you’ve completed your Power strokes you go back to your race pace.
4th 500m Focus: Rowing at race pace: Maintain Race Pace, 250m Left add two stroke rates I.E.: 26=28, 30=32, Final 100-150m All out Sprint: Goal here is shaving off :10 Secs for the full 100-150m.
10 Min Skill Starter: Turkish Get Ups (This is how we will start the 30 Min AMRAP)
Go over how to do the Turkish get up from the ground all the way up stand and back down to the ground. Then repeat on the other side.
Once both side have been completed have campers do 3 reps at a time per side and repeat for the remainder of the 10 Minutes. Trainer can go around the room and help with form after going over for the first 5 or so minutes.
If campers are struggling with this movement, only have them go up to the hip bridge position.
Start without added weight, then progress from there.
Trainer will repeat this process with the second group post 2k Row.
30 Min AMRAP in Main Room( This is what everyone will be doing after their minutes of focused TGU)
- 4x Touches Bear Crawl or Crab Walk [Alt Each RND] (Windows to Stereo)
- 4x (E.S.) Bird dog w/ :5 Sec Hold
- 4x (E.S.) Dead Bug w/ :5 Sec Hold
- 2x (E.S) Turkish Get-up with manageable KB Weight
Mobility Series: 5 Minutes
- Pistol Lifts Off (Over Yoga Blocks) Against Wall 3x Each Side x 2 = 6 Total (Alt Sides after 3 Reps)
12 Days of Christmas: 30 Minute Time Cap
- Push Ups
- KB Deadlift High Pull
- KB Goblet Squats
- KB Goblet Push Press
- KB Goblet Step Back Lunge (Total: 3/Side)
- Frog Bridge Ups
- KB Bent Rows (Total: 4/Side)
- KB Swings
- KB Staggered Stance Deadlift (Total: 4/Side)
- MTN. Climbers (Each Leg)
- Squat Jumps
“Day 1”: 1x Burpee
“Day 2”: 2x Push Ups and 1x Burpee
“Day 3”: 3x KB High Pull, 2x Push Ups, 1x Burpee
“Day 4”: 4x KB Goblet Squats, 3x KB High Pull, 2x Push Ups, 1x Burpee…
Campers will continue in this fashion all the way up the ladder.
Early Finisher: Glute & Hips AMRAP
– 20x Monster Walks Knees Bent (Each Direction) [Band Around Ankles] (Push Off Back Foot)
– 20x Clam Shells (Each Side) [Band Around Knees]
HIIT: 4 Rounds through all exercises :40 Sec Work/ :20 Sec (rest/transition)
- with 60 sec rest between rounds
Push Ups B:TRX Chest Press
KB Swings B: KB Deadlift
Squat Jumps: B: Squats