Newbie Day 1:
5×5 Min Stations – 1 Minute Rest BTWN Stations
Station 1: Air Bike Tabata Sprints :20/:10 Partner Switch – 8 Person Max Efforts x 5 rounds
Station 2: AMRAP 10x TRX Kneeling Rollout 10x (Total 5/Side) Pistol squats Repeat 3-5 rounds
Station 3: AMRAP Deadlift station Set of 5 reps, rest 30 sec, repeat 3-5 rounds,
Station 4: AMRAP 2KB Calf Raises 40x 5x Kneeling Lifts Offs each Leg With 2 Sec Pause Repeat
Station 5: AMRAP Core 3-4 RNDS For Quality – 10x (Total 5/Side) Bird dogs, 10x (Total 5/Side) Dead Bugs, 10x Curl Ups (With :5 Sec Pause at Top)
Newbie Day 2 :
New Strength: 12 Min WEEK 12
For the next 12 weeks will start with 12 min of x Reps for one of our main strength lifts. Campers will pick one of the lifts. For example if they chose to Lowerbody on Tuesday than they will Upperbody on Thursday. Campers will pick their KBs and approach the next 12 minutes working on completing the designated reps. Sets to begin every 2 minutes. Will ensure at least 90 seconds rest. Record your weight and track progress.
– 4 sets of (5 reps/leg Split Squat on Bench (KBs by side in each hand) followed immediately by 10x Reps KB Goblet Squats) (OR Blue Level 5 sets of 8 reps 2 KB Squat)
– 4 sets of (5 reps/arm Kneeling Single Arm Press, followed immediately by 10 Reps 2KB Push Press)
Choose 1 Stability/Mobility focus piece for each set of exercises.
Focus on improving our 1-leg balance throughout the next 12 weeks.
Lower Body: – Activation/Stability: 10x reps each – Banded Standing Hydrant + Standing straight leg abduction, Mobility: Kneeling Ankle Mobility
Upper Body: – 3 x Prone Swimmers, 8 x Prone PVC Shoulder Dislocates
Followed by 18 Minutes:
Partner Ladders – Find someone of equal fitness level…Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know.
Every exercise set-up in a 2,4,6,8,10,8,6,4,2 ladder = 50 reps
I do 2, you do 2, I do 4, you do 4 etc….
How many Ladders can you get through?
– Pull Ups: 2,4,6,6,4,2 = 24 Reps / TRX Pull Ups: 2,4,6,8,6,4,2 = 32 Reps
– KB Goblet Thrusters R (45+/35+) W (35+/25+) B (25+/15+)
– Box Jumps / Step Ups
Finish before 18 min and complete as many singles or double unders as possible until time called. Doubles count 3:1.
HIIT 4×5 Min Partner Stations
5 min stations with :30 Sec work windows flowing from the first move in the station to the second continuously running clock. :90 sec rest transition Between stations.
Station 1: 5 Rounds Swings & Hip Bridge Holds
- P1: 30 Sec Hip Bridge Hold
- P2: 30 Sec KB Swing
Station 2: 5 Rounds Squats & Wall Sits
- P1: 30 Sec Squats
- P2: 30 Sec Wall Sits
Station 3: 5 Rounds Goblet Push Press & Superman Hold
- P1: 30 Sec Goblet Push Press
- P2: 30 Sec Superman Hold
Station 4: 5 Rounds Hollow Hold Progression & Push Ups or TRX Chest Press
- P1: 30 Sec Hollow Hold Progression
- P2: 30 Sec Push Ups or TRX Chest Press
5 Minutes of Core: :30 Sec Per Move
– Side Plank R
– Side Plank L
– Curl Up
– Heel Touch
– Curl Up
– Heel Touch
– Sit Ups – :60 Secs
Extended Warm up: Goal would be to do a practice round five reps at each location to get the flow down. At the ERG campers will practice getting in and out of the straps.
- In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of “rotate”, the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point. We will set up the clock for 18 minutes and let it ride.
Assessed B: “Minute to Win It” = 18 Minute Workout Re-Test: 8/17/17 – 15 Mins Work / 3 Minutes Rest
Three Rounds of: 1 Min Each Counting Reps 1 Min Rest BTWN RNDS
- KB High Pulls R(60+/45+) W(45+/35+)B(30+/25+)
- Wall ball R(20/15),W(15/12),B(12/10)
- Med-ball Sit Up R (20/15),W(15/12),B(12/10) Low Back Option Med Ball / Non-M.B. Toe Touches
- 2KB Push Press R(35+/25+),W(30+/20+),B(20+/15+)
- Rowing (Count Calories)
Tally Up: 3-5 Minutes for Campers to add up final score for white board.
Extended Cool Down: 10 Mins
- 2 Min Pigeon on each side
- 2 Min Lizard on Both Sides
- 1 Min Cat Cow
- 1 Min Puppy Dog
“Get Even: Pull Your Weight”: 30 Minute AMRAP
– 300m Clifford Run (2nd White Mailbox on Left)
– 8x Dips
– 12x (Total 6 / Side) 2KB Racked Walking Lunge / B: KB by Side Walking Lunge R:(50+/40+)W:(40+/30+)B:(25+/20+)
– 14x (Total 7 / Side) KB Bent Row R:(60+/45+)W:(45+/35+)B:(25+/20+)
– 16x (Total 8 / Side) TRX Single Arm Rows
Each station will last 6 min with a 1 min rest after each station. The station will be split into 3 min of strength, 2 min of cardio, and 1 min of core, switching from each exercise with no rest between. The goal is to be able to get 3 rounds in of the strength exercise each 3 min piece.
- 20x KB Swings / rest repeat-> Jump Rope -> Hollow Hold
- 10x Waiter Squats/Each Side / rest repeat -> Bear crawl / Crab Walk -> Side Plank Hold Right
- 10x KB Row/Each Side / rest repeat -> Med Ball Toe Taps / Med Ball MTN Climbers -> Superman Hold
- 10x 2KB Push Press / rest repeat -> White Mailbox Run -> Side Plank Hold Left