My house loves this Red Curry Chicken! It is full of flavor, simple, and you can make it the way you like by adding any of your favorite veggies and spices. I always like to make extra for quick and delicious leftovers. The major players in this recipe are the chicken, coconut milk and curry paste…if you don’t have some of the other spices don’t let it stop you from cooking it, instead add some
your other favorite spices or simply omit.
2 lbs chicken breast, cut in half
2 minced garlic
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 can of full fat coconut milk
1 T+1t Thai red curry paste
1t garlic powder
1t garam masala
1T amino acids (or soy sauce)
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet (or regular frying pan) add garlic and saute for ~2 minutes.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides for 3-4 min. Chicken will not be cooked through at this point, the rest of the cooking will happen in the oven
- Once chicken in golden brown on both sides add can of coconut milk, curry paste and all spices. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until paste and spices are combined, stir occasionally. Add chopped broccoli to cast iron. If you are using a regular pan transfer all ingredients into a 9×9/9×13 baking pan. If you have a cast iron you can simply put the cast iron in the oven.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with a side of rice, or if you would like a lower carb option a side of cauliflower rice.
Note: If you don’t like broccoli you can always use other vegetables here some of my favorites are bell peppers, zucchini asparagus, and mushrooms. Enjoy!