Rowing Assessment: 2,000m Row
- We will do this in Heats. Class size will determine heat numbers.
2K Row Strategy
1st 500m Focus: Starts: ½, ½, ¾, Full Stroke at a fast pace 10 Strokes at a high stroke Rate 30+, 10 Strokes to Settle in your race pace S/R 26-30S/R, Maintain.
2nd 500m Focus: Maintain your race pace / good posture / sit up tall / strong push
3rd 500m Focus: Rowing at race pace: Power 10 (10 Strokes with a little more power through the drive.) Once you’ve completed your Power strokes you go back to your race pace.
4th 500m Focus: Rowing at race pace: Maintain Race Pace, 250m Left add two stroke rates I.E.: 26=28, 30=32, Final 100-150m All out Sprint: Goal here is shaving off :10 Secs for the full 100-150m.
30 Min AMRAP in Turf Room
- 4x Touches (E.S.) 1KB Overhead Carry: Switch arms on the way back (40+/30+) [Out Front]
- 4x Touches Bear Crawl or Crab Walk [Alt Each RND] (Turf Down,Back-Down,Back )
- 4x (E.S.) Bird dog w/ :5 Sec Hold
- 4x (E.S.) TRX Y Fly & T Fly (Staggered Stance Legs)
- Back Parking Lot Loop