Newbie Day 2 – Warm-up with jump ropes and teach single efficiency, introduce doubles
Use last ½ of warm-up on kettlebells – halos, squats, etc.
Teach Kettlebell presses and test 5 rep 2 KB press.
If time, AMRAP – 8 swings, 5 press left, 5 press right, 5 right arm row, 5 left arm row, 30 singles
ROWING 2K RE-Test! The goal is that if you are doing the 2K this day you aren’t doing anything beforehand. On the day you do your 2K test you will jump back into the workout afters.
Next 12 Weeks Strength Development: 12 Min Max Reps Squat or Press: Every Monday and Tuesday for the next 8 weeks will start with 12 min of Max Reps for one of our main strength lifts. Campers will pick either squat or press. For example if they chose to squat on Monday than they will press on Tuesday. Campers will pick their KBs their KBs and approach the next 12 minutes working on volume for max unbroken reps for shoulder press and/or squat. 5 sets. Sets to begin every 2 minutes. Will ensure at least 90 seconds rest. Record your total volume each week. Once volume hits xx, move up in weight.
Stability: Bird Dogs, Dead Bugs,
Mobility: 90/90, Frogger, PVC Pass Throughs, Wall Angels
Activation: Banded Walks, Banded Glute Bridges, Banded Clam Shells, Banded Shoulder Pull Aparts
15 Min: EMOM Groups of 3 –
- Player 1: Row R: 150M W:125M B: 100M Get up off ERG & Rest the Remainder of the Minute
- Player 2: 30 Double Unders / W: 60 Singles B: 40 Singles & Rest the Remainder of the Minute
- Player 3: 10x Swings R(60+/40+)W(45+/ 35+)B(40+/30+) & Stand behind ERG Ready to strap fee in and Rest the Remainder of the Minute
- R:10x = 50 W: 8x = 40 B: 6x = 30
- Rotate through the three moves for 15 Mins