Youth Athletic Development (YAD) – strength and movement program to improve athletic performance for Middle and High School athletes.
A 2 day/week comprehensive 60-minute program that is designed for athletes of all sports. The first 30 minutes of the workout is spent on movement and power which includes an active warm up, linear and lateral speed development, power development, quickness, plyometrics (jumping), and core strengthening. The second part of the workout is dedicated to explosive power and strength, increasing overall body strength and various forms of conditioning.
The workout consists of functionally sound movement and strength training with a strong focus on basic and proper technique. The workout becomes progressively more challenging once basic movements have been mastered.
We work on:
SPEED – Acceleration, Deceleration, Linear and Lateral Movement Techniques, Running Mechanics, Footwork
EXPLOSIVE POWER – Plyometrics, Medicine Ball, Jumping & Landing Techniques
STRENGTH – Functional approach with kettlebells, medicine balls and bodyweight
MOBILITY – Various forms of movement prep and stretching
INJURY REDUCTION – Identify & Correct Muscular Imbalances, Balance & Stabilization
NUTRITION EDUCATION – Lessons, tips and advice
|5:15 pm||YAD Middle School||YAD Middle School|
|6:15 pm||YAD Middle School||YAD High School||YAD Middle School||YAD High School|
|7:15 pm||YAD High School||YAD High School|
Our class offerings are divided into Fall, Spring and Summer Sessions. Within each school semester, we run two 9-week sessions.
- Fall Session 1: August 9, 2021 – October 9, 2021 [No classes on Labor Day (9/4)]
- Fall Session 2: October 11, 2021 – December 17, 2021 [No classes the week of Thanksgiving, Nov 22-26)
- Spring Session 1: January 10, 2022 – March 11, 2022
- Spring Session 2: March 14, 2022 – May 20, 2022
|Upfront payment for both Fall sessions||Payment for Fall Session 1 only|
|2x/week program (36 classes for 18 weeks): $645 (saves 10%)||2x/week program (18 classes for 9 weeks): $379|
- Members in our adult fitness classes receive a 10% discount on kids memberships. Use coupon code “fwmember” at checkout.
- Siblings also receive a 10% discount. Use coupon code “sibling” at checkout for both kids.
Let’s Get Started!
Questions? Email [email protected].
Sign up by filling out this form. Once you hit submit, you’ll be taken to the checkout page where you will set up an account with Mindbody.